The Plaza de la Virgen Blanca is the heart of the city. This square leads to three of the streets that make up the medieval town, which were laid out in the 13th century with the first expansion of the city ordered by King Alfonso X "El Sabio".
At the beginning of the thirteenth century a wide variety of guilds and shops (cutlery, shoe store, blacksmithing...) delimiting these streets with the city walls.
In 1917 the memorial to the Battle of Vitoria and the fallen was installed within the framework of the Napoleonic Wars.
In 2008, by order of the city council, the square became a diaphanous and unobstructed space, changing the pavement and gardens.
And in 2012 the sculpture Green was installed to celebrate the award of Vitoria as European sustainable capital of that same year.
It is currently the meeting place of the city and has a wide variety of bars and restaurants to taste regional food.
See more places